Tuesday, July 15, 2014

@IndyStateFair - Concerts!


I have to admit that previous years haven't held much excitement for me with concerts.  I did go to Prairie Home Companion many years ago.  And I've enjoyed overhearing a concert while just being at the fairgrounds.  But I'm not usually one to make the trip to the Fair for the concerts.

Until now.

There are 3 main stages for concerts at the Fair.  2 are free and 1 requires the puchase of a ticket.

With the complete overhaul of the Coliseum, the Indiana State Fair will now offer concerts in this fantastic space.  Concert events at the Coliseum include:

Robin Thicke - Aug 1
The American Idol Tour - Aug 6
Pitbull - Aug 8
Jim Gaffigan - Aug 17

There are also a lot of great free concerts.  Some are bigger than others.  I love stopping by and checking out the variety of entertainment at the Main Street Stage.  One of the really exciting events there this year is the Vocal Throwdown prelims and finals.  You can vote for your favorite contestants now via Facebook!  Voting goes through July 20.

I'm most excited about the offerings on the Free Stage this year.  My kids are going to be very excited to go see Bridgit Mendler on Aug 4.  I'm planning a day to see one of my favorite Christian Contemporary groups - Rend Collective - on Aug 10.  Other fun shows are Barenaked Ladies, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, and Charles Esten & Clare Bowen (from the TV show Nashville).












I'll see you at the Fair!

sig jan 2014 photo owlsig.jpg

No comments: