Friday, June 11, 2010

TGIF

Click the buttons to go and visit our lovely hosts and maybe you'll even join in on the Friday fun!! ***** The week after vacation is a strange week. Mine was made more difficult when I picked Teagan up on Wednesday and found out she was sick. 101 fever sick. I stayed home with her yesterday, Jeff is home with her today. She's pretty miserable unless she has motrin in her system. Her appetite is good (except dairy products- those taste funny to her right now). She says her throat hurts but swallowing hasn't been an issue. The fever hung on overnight. I'll know around 10 how she's really doing (when the motrin wears off again). ***** When I brush my hair, I raise my eyebrows before pulling th ebrush down my hair. Isn't that weird? ***** When I pull up to the drive thru at the bank, I get nervous if the teller isn't at the window. I worry that there is a bank robbery and I start watching the window to try and see any sign of a problem. I grab my cell phone, ready to dial 911. I've never been needed for such a crisis... but hopefully the tellers take comfort in my readiness. ***** I got a blog award!! Today maybe isn't the best example of substance on my blog but... Peaceful Divas chose me to receive this lovely blog award and I'm rather touched by it! I've just recently been getting to know Katina and she's a pretty awesome woman. I really recommend going and checking her out. Rules of the award- thank the person who gave it to you (done), sum up my blogging philosophy, motivation and experience in 5 words, and give it to some other bloggers. 5 words, eh? That's quite a challenge! Honest, Positive, Journal, Mission, Satisfying. Passing this along to... Momza's House ... Life with Kaishon ... Away We Go ... Clean Shavings ... DesignHER Momma ... just eat it ... Mellodee musings ... see kori rant ... but I'm not going to go and tell them that I've given them an award. I'm going to hope they come and see for themselves OR what I really hope is that someone who reads this will go visit onef those blogs and tell them!! ***** I'm very excited about the rest of June. Here's why: My first 5K, a weekend alone with my husband, a family dinner that includes my grandparents, my boss and her boss are in Europe for 2 weeks, Farmer's Markets! ***** Tomorrow is the last soccer meet up through the program we've been attending through the YMCA. It's been a good experience in terms of soccer but I am unimpressed with the communication from YMCA to coach and parents. Original end date was June 26. Then June 5. We all show up last week and find out that the end is really this week. It's weird. ***** I have a ton of work to do to catch up from yesterday. I'm keeping this post positive and feel good so I won't get into my work rant right now. But I am going to sign off and get back to work! I have a 52 page fax to deal with! ***** Don't forget to share your weekend plans with me! I wanna know if you are doing something fun, special, or even mundane! Photobucket

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate banks and gas stations! I hope Teagan feels better soon.

Emily is in softball and up until this year it has been laid back, but now it is super competitive and they keep adding extra practices now that school is over and it is making us mad!! She is only 10! 4 hours of practice a week is enough. It is not even a traveling team!

Anonymous said...

I bet those tellers would be happy that someone was watching out for them!!

And yes... very strange that you raise your eyebrows when brushing your hair!!

Happy Friday!

Katherine said...

I hope that Teagan feels better soon. Poor sick litte one. I like your 5 words; I think they do capture the essence of your blog.

dollycas aka Lori said...

Hope Teagan feels better soon, and used to think the same thing at drive up windows, including McDonalds, too funny!!

Katie's Dailies said...

Oh, I hope your Teagan gets to feeling better soon. It's no fun being sick in the summer time.


This may sound weird, too, but drive up windows at banks confuse me, so I just park and go in. I think it's the vacuum they use to suck my money up in that little tube that scare me!

And GOOD LUCK ON YOUR FIRST 5K!!!! You will do GREAT!!

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

Mine had the 102.5 fever last night. No other symptoms except the throat doesn't feel right.

No one should be sick when the summer weather finally comes!

I hope you and yours are all better and having a lovely weekend.

Joanie said...

keep that sore throat stuff in the midwest! I don't want many of that here!

I can't tell you my weekend plans because it's a secret! But on Monday, all will be revealed! (you already know part of it)

Beth Zimmerman said...

Hope Teagan is on the mend!

I would totally be comforted by your state of readiness!

annies home said...

we used to live near a YMCA I miss it because the kids used to have so much fun there

Amy said...

Do you know I don't use a hairbrush? I put some goo in my hair, then blast it with the hairdryer. That's it.

My weekend started with a lovely cookout with some church friends. Tonight, we'll have 5 extra kids over here. Then tomorrow, I'll be working on a report most the day. But before all that, I need to get out of bed. 11 more minutes...

Kori said...

Hey yo, THANK you! That is very humbling, my friend.

Uh, I have not brushed my hair, literally, in probably five years? Maybe more? I just use my fingers and a blow dryer. Odd, eh?

purplume said...

I hope Teagan is much better by now.

Funny about the bank. I used to want to have a signal and if I gave it, my children would go to the neighbor's house, in case of trouble. I soon realized if I gave a signal, I would not get blind obedience. I would have gotten, Why? For how long? Who else will be there? etc.