Friday, June 18, 2010

The Best Friday of the Past 5 Years!

It's FRIDAY!!! And it is the BEST Friday of the past few years for me!! If you are a regular reader of Eternal Lizdom, you already know why. If not, I blogged on Wednesday about our plans for this weekend and it all kicks off TODAY! Jeff and I have the entire weekend to ourselves starting this evening. While I am going to be sad when we leave my mom and dad's house because I am definitely going to miss my kids and worry about them being away from me... the benefits FAR outweigh any of the stresses and I am SO looking forward to time alone with my husband! ***** I have a great friend named Lety. We met through an online community for moms in the Indianapolis area. We are very much the same but very different at the same time and that's a really cool kind of friend to have. I always look forward to her advice when I'm faced with a parenting or relationship quandry. Lety is working on developing her own blog(s) and also has a Facebook fan page that has an adorable logo. I complimented her on it and it turns out that she created it herself! Love people with that kind of talent! So I asked her if she'd be willing to help me out by creating a button for Eternal Lizdom. Personally, I love the results! So go ahead- GRAB MY BUTTON!
Eternal Lizdom
***** Something that makes me very happy... Trader Joe's Sparkling Spring Water. It comes in plain, lemon, lime, mandarin orange, and raspberry lime. Sodium free, 0 calories, 0 fat, 0 carbs. It's spring water and carbon dioxide. It's a great substitute for soda and a nice mix it up from plain water! ***** I wrote a post at Fit City this week- all about Sustaining Motivation. Since that week of vacation, I feel like what was once really easy has become more of a struggle (healthy, clean eating). The post is about the strategies I put in place to get back on track. I hope you'll click the button below, read, and share your own thoughts! ***** My blog buddy Garret added a page to his blog that helps readers who aren't bloggers or who don't have Google accounts know how to leave comments on a blog. It's a great tutorial so I'd encourage you to go and check it out! ***** I've been gettinginto more and more fitness and healthy living blogs lately. One that I've just started reading is Jack Sh*t, Getting Fit. Yesterday's post tickled my funny bone so I wanted to share it. ***** Do you cross promote for other bloggers? For example, when you read a good blog post, do you Tweet it or post it on your personal or blog's Facebook page or recommend it in your own blogging? I think that cross promotion can really benefit bloggers and build a stronger community. I've noticed that male bloggers who use other forms of social media- like Twitter- seem to be really good at that and tend to really scratch each other's backs. I think Mommy bloggers should do the same!! We should all make an effort to Tweet or somehow share the good posts of our own favorite bloggers! ***** Time to sign off... time to start my fun Friday... time to get out of town... Wheeeee!!!!! Photobucket

12 comments:

Joanna Jenkins said...

Wishing you a very happy weekend with your hubby! Enjoy.
jj

Amy said...

Have a great time! Love your button.

I do try to share links to other people's blogs from time to time, but admittedly I don't make a practice of it.

Garret said...

I LOVE that logo! It's whimsical.

I'm excited about your getaway too! Enjoy! We'll be here.

Lori said...

I hope you and your husband have a most wonderful weekend together. I am sure your little ones will have a good time at your parents house...just keep in mind the gift you are giving your parents and children by giving them this gift of alone time together. As a grandma I enjoy those moments that I get my grandchildren all to myself and I know the grands love it too. Enjoy!

Angelia Sims said...

Enjoy your weekend together. THAT is soooo important, for you both, and for the kids. Don't feel guilty for wanting a break. They will love their visit away too.

I really like the idea of re-tweeting posts to promote them if you like them. I need to remember to do that more often.

Happy Feel Good Friday! Have a very special weekend!!!

Anne said...

Have a great time this weekend! Love the button!!

Barbaloot said...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!! Sounds like a great time:)

Missy Wheeler said...

Have a fantastic weekend! Your button is cute.

Expats Again said...

Enjoy your weekend, you both certainly deserve it!

Karen M. Peterson said...

I'm really going to have to stop by Trader Joe's. I'm always looking for some good waters that aren't all...watery...

I'm trying to be better about sharing great posts. Especially on Twitter. I usually just forget to do it, for whatever reason.

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I hope you have some really awesome time with Jeff this weekend! I know it's a much needed break from the kids, even if it's hard to do it. I hope to one day be able to sneak away from our 4...even if only for a night ;)

I'm so glad you like the button!

Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Well, I thought I commented on Friday, but I did read this post! I sometimes read blogs right away when I wake up and then don't comment because my fingers aren't ready yet!

I hope you had a magical time!!!