Friday, March 28, 2014

We're A Little Different

I follow some worship leaders on Twitter and Facebook and enjoy reading their blogs.

What strikes me is that it seems most churches with contemporary music have more of a perforamnce feel than my church.  A stage and lights and sound system.  A band with many instruments and a lead singer or 2 and some back up singers.

And these bloggers write a lot about things like...

Make sure you come down from the platofrm to talk to people!

Don't lock yourself in the green room before service!

Buy my book/cd!

Don't get caught up in performing - keep your heart authentic!

And I read those things and am pleasantly surprised that I have little to no clue what they are talking about.

I am blessed to be part of the Worship Team at my church.  But there is no "green room."  There are no fancy lights or fog machines.  And while it may be hard to believe, we also don't have a bunch of big egos walking around.

We're there for a purpose.  To lead the congregation in praise and worship.  To demonstrate, through music, a special way to draw closer to Him.

We're also a family.  We have laughed together, cried together.  We pray together and for each other.  It isn't just about our weekly practice time or our time together on Sunday mornings.  We care about each other throughout the week.

And one more thing.

We like to have fun.

How many worship teams do you know that have a pajama party at rehearsal?






sig jan 2014 photo owlsig.jpg

No comments: