Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Hiring A Builder

It's 11:11 on Christmas Eve night. Jeff is racing against the clock to get the dollhouse built. So far... We've found a broken piece. And it's an important one. And we will have to replace it but he thinks he figured a way to at least temporarily have it together. It involved a trip to the 24 hour Walgreens about 20 minutes away from here. As I was holding the staircase in place, I noticed that the painted on light fixture on the back wall of the living room was on the floor. Huh? Yup. Wall is upside down. They put these little arrow stickers on the back of the panel to guide you on which way it goes in. The arrow was wrong. Jeff has been rather... frustrated. He's not so fun to be around when he's frustrated. He tends to get a little angry with himself and gets a little verbal and... he reigns it in as best he can. But this thing is definitely more difficult than it first appeared. So we will be ringing in Christmas morning in about 45 minutes. All the gifts are ready for tomorrow- save for the star attraction, the main event. But we'll get there. And the dollhouse is way more impressive in person than it was in the pictures. I'm all dreamy about it and remembering the dollhouse I had... but that's a post for another day.

10 comments:

Amy said...

Reminds me of the year the power went out as we were trying to assemble the Little People Garage. Mike was so proud that he finally had a use for the head-mounted flashlight that he bought earlier in the year (oh, did I roll my eyes at that purchase).

Hope it's all magical tomorrow (today).

Garret said...

I hate building crap! Poor Jeff!

Merry Christmas!

KPCL Girl said...

So did you mention the upside down wall to Jeff or did you just let it go? :-)

Merry Christmas, Liz! I hope it's as magical as you deserve.

Chris said...

Merry Christmas Liz!

Jackie E. said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Vodka Mom said...

merry merry Christmas!!!

Eternal Lizdom said...

Merry Christmas to all!!

Yep- I did point out the upside down wall. It was too obvious not to. He would have spotted it eventually.

And we have our own headset lights, Amy. Ha! My dad got us hooked on them a while back. I used mine all the time back when I did theatre- very useful backstage!!

Jason, as himself said...

Ah, yes. Been there, done that! Being Santa can sometimes be extremely stressful!

I'm sure the dollhouse was a hit.

Lisa said...

Wow, you guys are good! You built it the night before?! Ours didn't get put together until Christmas afternoon.

Mrs4444 said...

Classic. I look forward to the pics!