Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Turkey Leftovers

So far, we've just been enjoying our leftover turkey as a classic leftover kind of dish. Turkey, cranberry sauce, veggies, stove top. Turkey sandwich with a little mayo and cranberry sauce. I wanted to do something different with it. I searched recipes and thought of flavor combinations. Last night, I made delicious leftovers and just had to share. Teagan's Turkey 1 cup water. Set to heat on the stove in a deep skillet. Add liberal amounts of taco seasoning and Tastefully Simple's Si Si Cilantro (awesome spice mix you can use to make a yummy dip or in cooking). Whisk to combine. Add in a bunch of cut up turkey. A bunch. Add a few tablespoons of sour cream. Blend well and heat through. While that was cooking, I made a package of Knorr Red Beans and Rice. After it was done, I added it to the turkey mixture. As Teagan put it... It. Was. AWESOME. Photobucket

2 comments:

mimbles said...

I certainly sounds fabulous! Would it be possible, for those of us whose supermarkets are stocked with entirely different brands, to elaborate on the contents of the Si Si Cilantro and the Knorr stuff? I'm wondering what our equivalents might be or if I can recreate it using stuff from scratch.

Shell said...

Yum! No leftovers here b/c we visited relatives for Thanksgiving. I miss leftovers!