Thursday, December 2, 2010

Guilty Pleasures

I love having little things that can make me happy for no reason at all. I'd love for this to be some deep moving post about watching my kids while they sleep or gazing into my husband's eyes. But this is about guilty pleasures. Things that bring me little moments of joy that are really small, unimportant, and maybe even stupid. 1. Dumb TV shows Hellcats is top of my dumb TV shows list and yet I can't stop watching it every week. The writing is bad, the storylines are unbelievable and unrealistic, and the characters are shallow. But it's a dramatic show about cheerleaders. What's not to love?? 2. Plum wine I love a good bottle of wine and there are some deep and intricate and fancy sounding wines that I enjoy. However, my latest guilty pleasure is a simple bottle of sweet, sweet plum wine. It reminds me of fun nights out for sushi with my girlfriends. 3. Worn out blankets My favorite part of the day is when I get into my jammies and curl up on the couch for some down time and snuggle up in my worn out old Winnie the Pooh blanket. It's warm and cozy and holds fond memories of my brothers when they were little. 4. Nutella This is a big deal! You might have noticed I've mentionned it a lot lately. I grew up being allergic to hazelnuts- seriously allergic. While there wasn't ever an epi pen involved, there were hives and concerns about a swollen airway so it was considered life threatening in my family for me to have hazelnuts. I lived hazelnut free for years- always taking careful precautions when it came to ingredients. When Christy went to Paris in September, she brought back chocolate and most of it had hazelnuts in it. So we decided to do our own food test to see if my allergy still existed. Thankfully, I had no reaction and have dived deeply in love with hazelnuts. I was very eager to get my hands on Nutella and it did not disappoint. I love it on a spoon, on a toasted english muffin, on apple slices. 5. Christmas! I am so excited that it is December and I can get all kinds of Christmas crazy. The lights are up, the tree is decorated, the tunes are playing. I've been excited for snow flurries and cold temperatures. I'm looking forward to all that this month has to offer and I'm hoping I find a way to share a little Christmas magic as the month goes on! What are your guilty pleasures?? Photobucket

8 comments:

C. Beth said...

America's Next Top Model, Say Yes to the Dress, Survivor...need I say more? :)

Expats Again said...

We discovered Nutella crepes with bananas in France this summer. What a treat!

Garret said...

I've never had Nutella. I'm afraid to try it, become addicted and then have to go to some rehab program. =)

No, really.

mimbles said...

My simple pleasures (I gave up guilt years ago): Mashed potato and gravy, smelly candles, playing Singstar with good friends, hot chocolate with butterscotch schnapps, and mangoes.

Alison said...

Facebook. =O

Missy said...

Yummy smelling candles and my daughter wanting to cuddle.

CH_BeBestMe said...

Ice cream & chocolate are my top indulgences, followed by Facebook, DailyMile and various mommy-related websites.

Cyndy Bush said...

I recently had Nutella for the first time as well, and ohhhhh what a treat! It's also good on Nilla wafers, graham crackers, and like you said, a spoon!
I love crap TV. Hoarders, Intervention, 16 & Pregnant, and even Jersey Shore.