Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday Fragments: Jan 22

It's FRIDAY!! Wahoo!! Head over to Mrs4444's place to participate and visit the other Fragmented Folks! Click the button above to be whisked away to her magical land!
***
I am now a Regular Contributor for Today On The Interwebs. I discovered TOTI through Blogs of Note early in my blogging career. When a call for help went out, I threw in my hat and, after 2 test posts, have been asked to contribute regularly! Yahoo! So now I scour the internet for interesting tidbits, links, pics, jokes, fun stuff, silly stuff. Feel free to e-mail me ideas!
***
We attended an informational meeting at Teagan's school about Kindergarten as offered through Little Explorers. We have briefly looked at our public school option... and Little Explorers is a hands down winner for so many reasons. We were 95% certain we would keep Teagan at LEP- it's been our plan since we chose it. But I'm all for exploring all my options. So we looked at what our local district offers and attended this meeting at LEP. To be honest, there are 2 factors to choosing LEP for Teagan's first year of "real" school. 1. Our experience has been beyond our high expectations. 2. Teagan deserves to have Miss Sally as a teacher for this first foundational year of learning. Miss Sally is a treasure- a rare find, in fact. She's been teaching almost 34 years. She's been married for 37 years, has 5 kids, 7 grandkids. She's a genuinely happy, perky, passionate, kind, compassionate woman. She is so excited about teaching- and about learning. She is a huge part of why we chose LEP- she made a big impact on us when we visited the school a year ago. So while tuition will strain the budget for another year... I really think it will be worthwhile because I think Teagan will continue to thrive in the LEP environment.
***
I've been using my little Creative Zen player at work for the last 2 weeks. Here's something crazy... I am uber-productive when I have a series that I am working through. Right now, it's the new Doctor Who series. Previously, I've gotten caught up on seasons of Dexter, True Blood, Chuck. And during those weeks, I always get work done at a crazy pace. These past 2 weeks... I've cleaned my desk, my e-mail inbox is actually completely read and in motion (compared to having an average of 100-200 unread messages, I'm maintaining at 3-5 unread but that are only unread because I need to follow up or take further action), I've kept up with phone calls and voice mail, I've gotten reports done and orders done and projects updated. I haven't been this productive in a long time and it feels really good. The bad news? I'm almost done with the last season of Doctor Who and the next season doesn't start until the spring. I'll have to find something new to get loaded up!
***
Garret recently suggested that I need to do another silly, fun post. I've done a few goofy things here and there and he's right- it's been a while. So I'm open to suggestions! Got something you want me to try? Something for me to explore? Give me a topic and I'll find something fun for it!
***
I was successful in my task for last weekend- we took down the tree and put away indoor decorations! We started out with the kids helping but it was soon obvious that their help wasn't helping. Jeff called his dad and we got an afternoon without kids to get some stuff done around the house! Even better, my kids got an afternoon with Pop-pop and Aunt Lindsay and had a GREAT time!
***
Because my blog needs more pie... if someone would like to make me this beautiful Pioneer Woman pie... Mocha Silk Pie... I would be in heaven!! Coffee... Kahlua... Chocolate... Does it get any better??
***
I have been totally lacking on picture taking and sharing lately. Need to do better on that.
***
I've been visiting those Haiti blog links daily- and making sure to leave a supportive comment, letting them know I'm praying for them. I hope it lifts spirits.
***
I have a fun project in the works with a Kiwi blogger and an Aussie blogger... I'm eager for it to happen so I can share it with you guys!
***
Happy Friday- have a great weekend!

17 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

So much good stuff going on!

As for the TV...I have recently been into The Tudors. It's so far from historically accurate that it's almost painful at times, but still seriously addictive.

michelle said...

I took down our tree on Wednesday. Much to the dismay of my 7 yr old. The outside lights are staying up tho. Jeez, I only got them rigged on the 23rd. Those things are staying up till the Spring Equinox!

4 Lettre Words said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
4 Lettre Words said...

I want a bite of the Mocha Silk when you get it!! :o)

Happy FF!

mimbles said...

Congrats on the TOTI gig!

There's nothing sadder than running out of Dr Who. You could give Torchwood a go, it's not as good as Dr Who but it does have endless Captain Jack and that's not to be sneezed at!

Garret said...

Hmmmmm, I didn't know you'd be asking masses for a fun thing. I have a hard enough time thinking of stuff for myself.

Oh, I might be bringing up a sore topic, but I'll do it anyway. So what ever happened with the whole child's playset for the yard????

Anonymous said...

I had a great time with Zach and Teagan last Saturday. It made me feel good when it was time to go, they didn't want to leave.

Eternal Lizdom said...

@llawson- they had a great time hanging out with their aunt and pop-pop!! Zach kept asking for both of you right up until bedtime!

@Garret- It got delayed due to Jeff's shoulder injury. Now we have to wait for the waether to break into non-freezing temps before we can get to it. Jeff will either get started on it in, say, March OR we will hire someone to build it. And yes- it is a bit of a sore subject! :)

@mimbles- I've told Jeff I want Torchwood next. Definitely on my list!

@4 Lettre- I'm usually very generous but... I don't know that I can share that pie!!

@michelle- No way are we touching outside lights. At most, I will grab the wreath off the door this weekend. But it's always too cold or too wet (very mucky in our yard right now) to go plucking lights out of bushes and such.

@Karen- I've heard of The Tudors and heard good things about it... I might have to check it out!

Together We Save said...

Love the fragments... so much going on. Praying for Hati as well.

Jeff said...

@mimbles- Torchwood is just as good as Dr Who, just a different style of show. It's more mature, where Dr Who is condidered "family". No one is ever safe on Torchwood.

@Garret- Yeah, the playset is a sore subject...stupid ahoulder...

Look honey, I used the "@", I am getting in touch with my social self...

Stacy Uncorked said...

I got the decorations taken down inside and outside...but the tree is still up (without ornaments but still with the lights). I'm tempted to throw some Valentine's Day decorations on it and leave it until February 15th. ;)

That pie sounds like it could be decadent...the best kind! ;)

Anonymous said...

@Liz- Awww... that's so sweet about Zach. That puts a huge smile on my face!

@Jeff & Liz- Travis would be able to help with the playset. He could even get some guys to help. That way, you wouldn't have to pay anyone to do it. Just a suggestion. Have a good weekend!

Crazee Juls said...

Sounds like things are buzzing along awesomely over at your place :) I'm glad you are happy with your daughters school--and that she loves it...because I'm telling you--it makes all the difference! :) Have a great weekend.

Kori said...

I wish I could find the key to productivity!

The Crazy Coxes said...

Call me when someone drops off the pie! In in!..for eating it, not making it!

I'm a wee bit behind on that tree putting away thing too. I'm glad you had the afternoon without little helpers.

Happy Weekend!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Wow! You have A LOT going on-- all good, but a lot!

If you find someone to make you that Mocha Silk Pie, would you please send me their email so I can ask them to make me one too :-)

Have a great weekend.
xo

Mrs4444 said...

You sound busier than I am, and that's BUSY! I'm glad you can work out LEP for Teagan.

Most kids today learn best when multitasking. Guess that makes you a kid! :)