Saturday, October 25, 2008

My Own Cup of Heaven

This week, while perusing The Pioneer Woman, I enjoyed reading her recipe for a syrup to make chocolate milk with. Basically just cream and chocolate. Here's the recipe. I've also previously mentioned the BK Mocha Joe. So good. I wanted to find a way to make my own. All I find online is that it is 40% coffee, 40% shake mix, 20% chocolate syrup. Or something like that. An idea strikes me. Make my At Home Mocha Liz with PW's syrup... oh my! This morning... heat the cream, melt the chocolate. Heat a small amount of coffee. Melt some vanilla ice cream. Mix it all together over ice. It's pretty dang good. I made it more chocolatey than the Mocha Joe. Because I like chocolate. And next time I would use a bit more ice cream so that it would be smoother and creamier. Home Mocha Liz. Guess it could be my new rap name?

No comments: