Monday, January 12, 2009

A Yummy Dinner

No pictures but I wanted to share the deliciousness that was dinner. And it was insanely easy. 2 flatbreads (Target, Archer Farms brand- I used the Asiago and Parmesan) sauce (we had a jar of red and a jar of white) toppings We made 2 pizzas. One was red sauce (plain old Ragu spaghetti sauce) with pepperoni (placed carefully by Teagan and completely covering the sauce. Drowning in cheese- a mozzerella and parmesan mix. The other was heaven. Christy stayed for dinner and she and I were both head over heels with this one. Alfredo sauce (again, Ragu). Fresh baby spinach. Sliced mushrooms. Oodles of shredded mozz and parm. All that goodness sitting on that Asiago and Parmesan flatbread... Lordy. And the night cap... a glass of sangria wine and some of those from scratch chocolate chip cookies I made last night. Aaaaaaaaaah. (And for those interested, I just put the flatbread on a cookie sheet, loaded on the toppings, baked at 350 for 7 minutes, rotated the cookie sheet, baked another 7 minutes.)

6 comments:

The Courteous Chihuahua said...

Sangria and chocolate chip cookies....what time should I come over???

Garret said...

Me too! Those chocolate chip cookies sound complicated. Where's the just add water stuff?

Garret

Candy said...

Is this where I place my order? I'll take two of the spinach ones - yumm. I assume you deliver? In 6 foot snow drifts? 30 minutes or less? I'm waiting....

Anonymous said...

i saw that you stopped by my blog and I wanted to say hi. And those pizzas sound DELISH. I will have to totally try that one night!

YUMMM.

Joanie said...

YUM!!!!!!

Boozy Tooth said...

I saw an AOL consumer comparison on spaghetti sauces and, of course, had to check it out. Bertolli scored highest. I've tried Bertolli. It's good, but too sweet for my taste. My favorite (when I can't make my own - and listen, it's fast, cheap, easy to make your own - really!) is just plain ol' Old World meat flavored Ragu. Serious as a heart attack. I love it. It's tomatoey and flavorful and thin, which is good when using it as a base for other things. But guess what? Ragu rated worst in the AOL comparison. Go figure.