Thursday, January 8, 2009

Night Three

I promise I won't be giving you daily updates forever and ever... I am just so relieved that we have slipped into this new way of doing things so easily. He has transitioned away from co-sleeping, away from night nursing, and sleeping in a big bed instead of a crib all at once and is doing so amazingly well!! Last night was actually BETTER. He fell asleep right after nursing at bedtime (rather than fighting sleep for 45 minutes). Didn't wake again until 1:15. Nursed on both sides and went right back to sleep. I was back in my own bed at 1:30 and didn't wake again until 6!! HOORAY FOR SLEEP!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! My two year old lays in bed for at least an hour every night singing the chorus from Annie's "Tomorrow" over and over and over.

Your post is the Featured Post at Worth a Thousand Words.

Boozy Tooth said...

Hooray for sleep indeed. Liz, I gotta tell you... as amazing as it is having little ones, I don't envy you. It's so much work with no nights and weekends off. Now that my two are both adults, life is so much easier - but that doesn't mean I get a lot of sleep... I just rounded the mid-life corner and am sliding into menopause (lots of sleeplessness). Life's just cruel that way. I guess the lesson is to love every part of your life, no matter what the challenges, and to make the most of it. We'll sleep when we're dead, right?

Eternal Lizdom said...

Wow!! Featured post!! Very cool!

Although... there are better ones, eh? Ha!

Garret said...

It's your blog, post how often or how little you want. Even though I have no womanly breasts, or children, I still enjoy your blog so keep it going on your own terms, not ours.

Anonymous said...

What Jim and Garret said - keep it real - Liz real. We all love it!