Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Night One

I hadn't planned to start last night because Zach has this cold. But then bedtime was a disaster. He wouldn't go to sleep. He usually falls right to sleep after nursing. We nurse, we rock, I maybe sing. But last night, he got this burst of energy and wouldn't settle down. He fought and fought and fought for nearly 2 hours.
He finally fell asleep sometime after 8:30. Jeff and I kept switching off and he eventually fell asleep on Jeff's shoulder.
He doesn't wake to nurse until 12:15. Everyone woke up then- Teagan had a bad dream and woke up crying (but stayed asleep). I got her settled and peeked in his room... he was awake. We nurse. He doesn't o back to sleep. 45 minutes go by before he falls asleep completely.
And now it is 6 a.m. And he is asleep in his own bed. Hasn't been awake since 1 a.m.
SUCCESS!

1 comment:

KPCL Girl said...

This is a little different, I suppose, but I will NEVER forget when my firstborn slept through the 2 o'clock feeding. When I woke up at 4 a.m. and realized that I'd slept a full five hours straight, I was ecstatic. Sleep deprivation is a special kind of torture...

But congrats. Remind me sometime to post about toilet training my oldest child in one day. I'm sure you've seen the book somewhere...I actually did it...