Friday, January 23, 2009

BEST HOLIDAY EVER

Who knew??
Do you have any idea what today is??
I didn't know but I sure plan to CELEBRATE!!
It is the best and most fantastic holiday that ever could be. I might even have to rank this above Christmas. Because while Christmas and Thanksgiving generally include this... today is all about this!
It is...
NATIONAL PIE DAY!!
This means that I have work to do this weekend!! I'm thinking that I need to come up with an entire day's menu of pies. A quiche of some sort for breakfast. A spaghetti pie for lunch. A mexican layered pie for dinner. Or chicken pot pie! And lots of the classics in between... pecan, lemon meringue, chocolate cream, key lime, cherry, apple, blueberry...
So I will be celebrating this most fantastic of holidays a little late. But with some planning and some prep work tonight, I really think I could make a day of pies!!
What's your favorite pie? Savory, sweet, fruity? Got any great recipes to share?

8 comments:

Joanie said...

Cherry pie, hands down!

Amy said...

Sounds great! What time should I be there? Did you see that there is a motion in the Indiana State House to name the sugar creme pie as the state pie? I've never had it but sugar creme sounds awesome.

I do love French Silk and apple cranberry.

mimbles said...

The meat pie is considered an Australian icon. As a kid whenever I ordered lunch from the canteen at primary school I'd have a meat pie with tomato sauce.

At our local bakery they make a beef and burgundy pie that I'm quite fond of but my favourite is steak and kidney pie.

Garret said...

I can't discuss pie. I'm eating too much junk!

mimbles said...

I've given you a blog award :)

♥ Braja said...

Any pie'll do!

Sandra said...

I LOVE pie. My favorites are peanut butter, cherry crumb and lemon meringue.

The Courteous Chihuahua said...

The husband of one of my co-workers sent in a chocolate cream pie with her on Friday. It was almost as sweet as he is!