Friday, June 12, 2009

Chicken Dinner Face

An easy crock pot meal... This was about 1 lb chicken breast, 2 cans of Sprite. Cooked on low for 6 hours. Added Trader Joe's veggies for the last 30 mins. Wish we could have stopped the cooking earlier- I think leaving it on warm dried out the meat a little. But it flaked with a fork! Then I just did a packaged, flavored rice Used the rice as a face, cut up carrots for eyes and nose, used green beans and wax beans for smiles and ears, and chicken for the short and long hair pieces! Kids thought it was fun and I found it remarkably easy to do! It's all about presentation...

9 comments:

yodaobi said...

NICE!

I don't think it would fool my little mister! he's sooo fussy, takes after his Dad.

Not sure what I'm going to do for dinner tonight.

Alison said...

LOL, this is similar to what I made for dinner last night...except I didn't make faces with it. And it was noodles instead of rice, and peas instead of beans.

But otherwise, it was just like it!!

Hit 40 said...

Your dinner art looks like Wilson from the Tom Hanks movie where he was lost on the desert island with no one to talk to but the soccer ball.

Hit 40 said...

Your dinner art looks like Wilson from the Tom Hanks movie where he was lost on the desert island with no one to talk to but the soccer ball.

Anonymous said...

I thought I was going to see a chicken head. Possibly because I am a vegetarian, but more likely because tonight at dinner they brought out a WHOLE FISH WITH HEAD for my bf.
Ackkkk. I could not stop looking at it.~Mary

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Oh, ha,ha,ha. That made me laugh out loud.

Cajoh said...

This reminds me of a Suzy salad. Have you ever had that? I'll have to write up the recipe sometime and take pictures to show what it looks like.

Eternal Lizdom said...

Please do, CaJoh! I'm feeling all creative and inspired these days! I need more ideas!

Garret said...

I'll help out too. I have phone numbers for various restaurants.