Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I'm A Smartypants!

When I first started to think about blogging, I started out by looking at blogs. Just to see what it was all about. Starting a blog wasn't my idea. Christy and Latifa made me do it. I would tell them stories about my kids or share opinions on whatever topic... and the answer would always be that I really needed to start my own blog. Now that I think about it... maybe they just got tired of my stories... hmmm... Anywho, as Christy and I researched blogs and what people do with them and we came upon The Pioneer Woman. We were first hooked by her storytelling. Then her cooking section- the pictures, the recipes! I've been working my way through her photography section, learning and learning. There is also a tab for homeschooling. They live on a ranch in the middle of Oklahoma and the kids work the ranch- so homeschooling is a great option. I know many families who homeschool and it is a concept that I think works really well for some families. On her homeschooling page, she often does Smartypants quizzes. Christy and I are hooked. Christy usually discovers the quiz and we gather our resources, look up the answers that we don't already know, and enter. The prizes are damn good. First with all the correct answers usually gets a $100 Amazon gift card. Second place is $75 and then she usually does a random selection of 3 other entrants who also got the answers right. We've entered these quizzes a few times now... and either not gotten them all right or not been selected as winners. Until today. And you shall now all call me Smartypants and behold my true Lizdom.

14 comments:

Joanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joanie said...

Hail Smartypants! Buy a few really good books for yourself!

Jackie E. said...

Ooh that sounds like fun!! Congrats! I'll definitely have to stop by and see if maybe I can be a smartypants too:-)

Tom said...

Way cool. You have verifiable proof of your smartypantsedness now. Enjoy that book!

Boozy Tooth said...

Hail Miss Smartypants! I bow to you and your sheer genius.

What did third place get you? Only fame and not fortune?

Eternal Lizdom said...

$50 Amazon giftcard, baby!!

C. Beth said...

WOW, you ROCK! And Amazon gift cards rock just as much as you. I'm a little jealous. :)

Alison said...

Oh, like we didn't already know!

Hey, my Mom has always told me I'm a smartypants; I should try some of them there quizzes...then if I won, she could roll her eyes at me the way she does. hee hee!

Anonymous said...

Woot! Congratulations!

Garret said...

JUST 3rd place?

Mary Ellen said...

Congratulations! I am very impressed - but I already knew you were a smartypants!

Amy said...

Woohoo! Watcha gonna buy?

Amy said...

Hey -- thought of you when I saw this givewaway!

http://www.momdot.com/blog/homeplacestructuresswingset/

Joanna Jenkins said...

Congratulations Miss Smartypants! You rock.