Friday, June 19, 2009

Cosmic Balance

Ever had one of those days when everything little thing that is usually unimportant just goes wrong? Getting out the door late... the pants you want, you can't find... you pour coffee all over your keyboard... Little things... but every little thing... just seems a little... off. And then you find out that a friend who was waiting for test results gets better news than expected... or a friend facing a crisis is getting unexpected help... or someone who has had a string of bad luck is having a great day. So maybe your bad day has a purpose. Maybe your bad day means there is cosmic balance. And while I couldn't handle this every day, I'm okay with the occassional bad day if it means goodness for someone else. I just hope that when I have a fantastic day, it doesn't mean someone else is having a horrid day. But I suppose that is always true. Maybe it's just all a cycle. We go in and out of good days, bad days, crappy days, average days, horrid days, fantastic days. Things get out of sync and back in sync. Ebb and flow. Peaks and valleys. So I hope that my day of many mishaps is proving to be your day of much rejoicing! *** On a side note, I know many readers here are also readers of Joanie's over at Joanie's Random Ramblings. And if you are a reader, you know that Joanie's boyfriend is facing extensive cancer treatment. Joanie is facing some increased expenses as she helps care for him- and a lot of stress as she watches the man she loves go through this. Braja of Lost and Found in India has set up a Paypal fundraising effort. If you are so inclined, go to her site and you will find a paypal button on the right side of your screen. Any little bit can help...

6 comments:

♥ Braja said...

Ah, bless you Liz :)

Garret said...

That's sweet!

yodaobi said...

I needed this today!
Thankyou

Alison said...

You're not gonna believe this...but when I went to start typing this comment, I spilled a glass of water on my keyboard.

Thanks for jinxing me, Liz. Thanks a lot. I hope your day got a lot better around 3:55 your time today. (Note that that makes it 4:55 my time, and yes, I leave work at 5!)

Anyway, what I was going to say was, Gee, the internet can actually be uniquely helpful. Kudos to you and Braja for helping a webfriend out!

Eternal Lizdom said...

I shouldn't laugh but that did make me giggle!! My day did not get magically better at that time... but it was all good by the time I was home. So maybe your water soaked keyboard was, in fact, the key to my cosmic balance... so... THANK YOU!

Jason, as himself said...

Cosmic balance....hmmmm. Well, if that's the case, then I've sure been helping a lot of people have good days during my lifetime! I feel so helpful!