Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday Frustration- Wooden Playset Edition

I have tried writing up a post about locating a playset. I've got one started that I've gone in and messed with time and time again for about 3 days now. Bottom line? I'm beyond frustrated. No store has any playsets in stock. None. I even considered Wal Mart- the store that I will NOT give my money to. I've checked various home improvement stores. I've checked Meijer and Target. Costco has a set but we don't LOVE it. Like it. Found a Rainbow playset on Craigslist. Contact the guy- he JUST promised it to someone today. I've spent probably 12 hours online, searching and searching and comparing. I've called store after store after store. The online deals are higher priced and I don't want to commit to something I can't get a sense of, you know? I'd love to be able to just go to Recreation Unlimited- they are the dealer for Rainbow Playsets around here. They deliver and install. But they are expensive. Bottom rung is double my budget. I'm just so frustrated. Maybe Sesame Place would have been easier. Or buying a minivan. Or a lobotomy.

9 comments:

nancy said...

Hang in there Liz, you will find the perfect playset for your family. I know that you want it now, but you will find it. I wish that I had some more ideas for you. Did you check Watson's on Pendleton Pike?

ShankRabbit said...

I'm sorry you're frustrated. Good luck finding the perfect one without having to cut off an arm to pay for it.

Garret said...

Can you negotiate with Recreation Unlimited?

Eternal Lizdom said...

I might try, Garret. I might go and hem and haw and see if they make any offers. With "these hard times," you would think that places would be more eager for a sale of any of these big playsets.

We are also hatching a plan B... more details, maybe, in the future.

Isabella said...

I'm sorry this has turned out to be nothing but frustration for you. :( I hate searching something for hours and hours on end and still not getting any farther.

I'm sure you've probably already looked into them (and I don't know what your price range is), but what about Kid's Creations? http://www.kidscreations.com/

Good luck!

Amy said...

Bummer, especially since you already told the kids. I think my neighbors bought a kit at Lowes, but sounds like you've already checked there. I'll keep my ears out if I hear of anyone selling one.

Alison said...

This sucks...you were all so excited about your decision! And you're right; it's hard to believe there isn't someone out there more willing to take your %$#@! money.

Ok, so turn it into a "teachable moment" about patience, persistence and flexability. Orrr....about carpentry! :) I mean, Jeff banged that raised bed together pretty fast...LOL!

C. Beth said...

How TOTALLY FRUSTRATING. I do know a couple people who have either gotten a good deal on Craigslist or even gotten one free through Craigslist or Freecycle. Good way to save some money even though you may have to check the site every few minutes for days or weeks before the right thing comes along....

Good luck!

Heather said...

Have you tried Toys R Us? They had some decent ones earlier this year. I'm with you on not giving my money to Wal-Mart, but I think we might have discussed that before on MLM.