Saturday, February 14, 2009

Day 16: Love intercedes

Daily Reading

Intercede- to attempt to reconcile differences between two people or groups; mediate.

Summary of this reading... You can't change your spouse but you can pray to God for your spouse to change.

I completely disagree.

I agree that you can pray this way. I agree that you can't change your partner.

But I'm not one who prays for results. Rarely.

I don't think that praying to God about Jeff's clutter will net any results. But praying for God to guide me as I try to encourage Jeff to clean out the basement... that I can do.

Jeff and I are in different places in regards to faith and religion and such.

I pray about that every day.

Today's Dare

"Begin praying today for your spouse's heart. Pray for 3 specific areas where you desire for God to work in your spouse's life and in your marriage."

Reflections

"Have you experienced the power of prayer in the past? What did you choose to pray about? Was it easy for you, or did it feel foreign to you?"

I pray daily, many times a day. I'm not one for very formal, down on my knees prayer. But I converse often with God in any given day.

I've been praying for my husband for a long time. I don't have a list of things I'm praying for. Really just one. That he opens his heart to God.

No comments: